Thursday, February 23, 2006

oh yum..yum..yum..yum...YUM!!

hey everyone..i'm being a good blogger girl today and actually posting something for once..hehehe..and its NOT me with a bottle of beer in my hand...quel surprise!!

well..i woke up this morning..and was checking my email..i had one in my in-box from my friend Tomek who is living in Poland right now..this is what it said...

yo, it's fat thursday here.
there are huge lineups.
everyone is buying donuts.
everyone.
the store is just full of donuts.
there are donuts in the donut section, in the bread section, donuts everywhere.
the whole country is donut crazy today.
i thought you would like to know this.
bye!

most of you don't know..but in the summertime..i was turned on to these wonderfully delicious Polish donuts..everytime i would go to visit Tomek..i would want to eat them..and LOTS of them..i would dream about them..doodle little pictures of them...sing little songs about them..heck..i even thought i might like to marry them someday..hahaha..anyways..here is a
link
that explains a little bit about Fat Thursday..i'm not 100% sure how accurate it is..but i'm posting the link anyways :)

later on in the day i was chatting with Tomek and he sent me a picture..this is a picture of him at the store..buying ME my donuts..he's put them in the post..and i hope to recieve them SOON....

mmmm...i can't wait to get them ALL in my belly...heheehhehe.

8 comments:

Zambo said...

Mmmmmm doughnuts!

Hi Nicki!

You are so lucky! You get all these wonderful baked goods in the mail. First Moon Pies and now a cart full of doughnuts...

And yet you told Keeks not to send me cake...Why oh why, Nicki?

But I forgive you 'cause you're cool and you eat like a champ!

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

Mel said...

NIcki...is he sending you ALL those??? LOL thats ALOT of doughnuts!! Massive amounts of doughnuts! I read the description and NOW I want one too! WAHHH

Mz.Elle said...

LOL
Now I'm dreaming of having them in MY belly,mmmmmmmm YUM!
I am SO making those!
Thanks for sharing!

Spider Walk said...

No fair! You get soup, moonpies and now DONUTS!!!

hahahahah!!! Ya better guard em with your life Nicki...I am a donut freak too.

I think I will post a picture of me when eveyone at my workplace gave me a donut shower instead of a baby shower when I was preggers with Moogs..lmao!! It was too funny!

Dirk Richter said...

Donuts.... Is there anything they can't do?

Dirk,

Anonymous said...

Are you KIDDING me??? He is actually going to buy all those?
You better invite me over when they get there....

Tenacious T said...

Wow! Songs about them...they MUST be divine. Too funny!

Josh said...

I like the Simpson episode where donuts are falling from the sky instead of rain. mmmm......