Monday, February 19, 2007

i'm here..i'm here.

well..been a while again since i've posted..things have been a little busy around here..happy busy..and sad busy i guess you could say...i didn't post about this before but for the last little while i've had an aunt who was really sick in the hospital with cancer..My Aunt Verna..i was pretty close to her my whole life..my parents rented an apartment from her and my Uncle when i was a little tiny baby...she babysat me while i was growing up..and a few years ago I rented an apartment from her and my Uncle..strangely enough..it was the apartment right underneath the one i lived in when i was a little wee baby...anyways..last Tuesday my aunt lost her battle with cancer...my family and i have all been pretty sad..but...the more we think about it..the more we realize that she is way better now..no more pain..no more suffering...anyhow..the funeral service for my aunt was on Friday..it was a really nice service..some of her grandkids stood and said a few words...the music that the played was lovely..and the minister did a great job..I caught up with quite a few of my cousins that i hadn't seen in a while..one in particular that i was very happy to see..my cousin Shawna...she's my second cousin..and we're only 9 months apart in age..we used to hang out a whole lot while we were growing up...but seemed to lose touch once we turned 19 or 20...at any rate..we're going to try to keep in better touch..sometimes i'm bad for that....but i'm trying to get better :)

here is a picture of me and my Aunt Verna from a long long time ago...the quality isn't that great because i had to take a picture of the picture with my webcam....i dont have a scanner at home..and im already showered and in my pjs...and its tooo darn cold out to hike over to my moms to use hers..hahahahhmm..i guess the quality isn't as bad as i thought it might be..suweet..anyways..this picture was taken in April of 1984...i was 9 years old :) I always had a great time when my Aunt Verna was around..she was always so much fun and so full of great information..anything you wanted to know..Aunt Vern knew..i think there was only ONCE in my life that i asked her something that she didn't know the answer to...and it was only a few years ago...we were sitting outside on our front porch..and we heard this buzzz buzzz buzzzzz way up high in the tree...we got talking about the insect that makes that noise...and how ugly they are....we knew what they were called..and how to pronounce them correctly...but neither of us knew how to spell it..i think we spent about 1/2 an hour searching through a dictionary...then i finally went online and typed it in google...cicada...hahaha..we had a good laugh about that..anyhow..thats about all for now..as i said before..i'm all showered up and in my pjs..I'm going to work on another post right now...and then i'm hitting the hay!! Take good care everyone...and if i ever don't post for a while..don't forget about me...cuz i always come back :)


2 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

We'd never forget about you!

I'm sorry about your Aunt:(

Anonymous said...

A nice tribute to your Aunty V Nicki... Made me misty..
She sounds like she was very special.